SAPHiR and SILVERRUN - A Powerful Combination for Modeling Your Enterprise Application (ERP & CRM) Systems
Over the past 15 years many organizations have implemented standard enterprise applications
(usually called: ERP or CRM systems)
like SAP, PeopleSoft, Siebel, JD Edwards in order to reduce cost of individual development. However, ERP systems
- Have to be integrated with legacy systems or other coexisting applications (enterprise application integration)
- Do not sufficiently support individual needs that differentiate businesses from the competition
- Need to feed data warehouses and BI applications.
To respond to these needs, project teams primarily search the answer for one question:
Where are the data that we need?
Unfortunately, ERP system databases include tenthousands of tables, table and column names are not
self-explanatory, and the navigation to related definitions is time-consuming.
Silwood Technology Limited and Grandite are partnering to offer a comprehensive solution
for representing the data models of leading ERP systems like SAP, PeopleSoft Enterprise, Siebel, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne in
SILVERRUN modeling tools.
Based on Silwood Technology's ERP metadata analysis tool SAPHiR, Grandite has developed an interface
that allows to read the SAPHiR repository and transfer the ERP system metadata to SILVERRUN RDM. Being an
authorized reseller of Silwood's SAPHiR, Grandite can offer you SAPHiR-for-SILVERRUN as a complete solution
for ERP data modeling and all related services at one hand.
Once you have reverse engineered your ERP system, you have all the opportunities that our clients
appreciate when using SILVERRUN tools. In particular, you can read the data models of your ERP systems like a book
and avoid tedious and time-consuming procedures of figuring out the semantics of the metadata. Moreover, you can e.g.
- Edit the data model and forward engineer it to alter the database of your ERP system
- Integrate ERP metadata and data models of your individual applications to create an enterprise-wide data model
- Extract ERP metadata and combine with other application models to build a data warehouse.
The SILVERRUN-for-SAPHiR solution provides you the necessary transparency to perform the integration of
your ERP system into your business effectively and efficiently.