For Excellence in Integrated Business Modeling:
SILVERRUN DGX Data Governance eXpert
Over the recent past, long existing disciplines of business modeling have regained
in importance under the perspective of Data Governance, driven by new technologies like
cloud computing, regulatory requirements e.g. for organizations in the financial sector or
simply by the necessity to increase the quality of data.
Grandite understands Data Governance to be a practice that responds
to the requirements of Regulatory Compliance, Data Security and Data Quality.
Data Governance can only be
successfully and economically conducted if the interaction of process and data is acknowledged.
Therefore, we created SILVERRUN DGX Data Governance eXpert -
an integrated bundle of SILVERRUN RDM Relational Data Modeler and SILVERRUN BPM Business
Process Modeler sharing the models of processes, data flows and data through a common
SILVERRUN RDM Relational Data Modeler
SILVERRUN RDM Relational Data Modeler is a feature-rich data modeling tool
that enables data stewards, data modelers and
data administrators as well as database designers and database administrators to produce and maintain high-quality,
enterprise-strength relational data models. RDM
is very adaptable and can be used at virtually any stage in the
development life cycle.
SILVERRUN BPM Business Process Modeler
SILVERRUN BPM Business Process Modeler
is a powerful business process modeling tool for documenting and analyzing the workflow as well as
for integrating the perspective of business tasks with the enterprise data architecture.
With SILVERRUN BPM Business Process Modeler, you can attach data structures to your
information flows so that underlying data is captured with process
information and carried through to a conceptual, logical or physical data model.
Overview of Major Features of SILVERRUN DGX Data Governance eXpert
Data Modeling, Database Design and Generation
Business Process Modeling
- Expresses business rules in SILVERRUN models
including actions, conditions, rules and constraints.
- Supports multiple notations and methodologies.
- Helps to redocument and rebuild existing systems.
- Designs, creates and reverse engineers many SQL databases.
- Offers full control of integrating models derived from
- Inputs and manages physical storage parameters for many RDBMSs.
- Performs target system-specific validation.
- Supports multiple physical databases in the same model.
Integrated Business Modeling
- Provides modeling your enterprise's organization and business.
- Supports process cost, resource, duration and frequency modeling and management.
- Assigns resources and cost to business processes.
- Consolidates low level process costs and resource usage to higher levels.
- Supports multi-level modeling (i.e. explosion of processes).
- Supports multiple notations and methodologies (e.g. Gane-Sarson, Yourdon, Ward-Mellor,
Merise MCT, Merise Flow Schema, Merise OOM, P+, P+ OPAL).
- Provides cross reference reports for resource usage, cost/time allocation and roll-up providing comprehensive
business process analysis.
- Presents an overview of the hierarchical organization of processes as a process tree diagram.
- Integrates SILVERRUN data models and SILVERRUN process models.
- Provides unlimited levels of diagrams or objects in a diagram.
- Supports teamwork through splitting and merging models.
- Features complete repository to store diagram information.
network team repository.
- Allows extension of the repository with user-defined descriptors.
- Generates full model documentation.
- Offers relational support for queries and report generation on a variety of RDBMs.
- Supports all Windows platforms.
- Offers an open environment.
- Responds to your needs with stand-alone versions or floating network licenses.
- Has the capability of adding application extensions ("Add-Ins").
- Generates customizable HTML and RTF reports.