Installing or Updating Network Licenses of SILVERRUN BPM / RDM 2.8.x or 2.9.x on an Application Server
- Deinstall any potentially preexisting SILVERRUN installation.
- Go to the page Download Full Versions. (Please note: Do not use the free-downloadable tryout
version which cannot be activated as a full license.)
- On the target page, go to the section 'SILVERRUN BPM'/'SILVERRUN RDM' and click the corresponding logo.
- Authenticate yourself using the credentials provided to you by our Technical Support and download the installer.
- On the computer dedicated to be the application server for SILVERRUN BPM / RDM,
create a new shared directory for each SILVERRUN application (which has to be different from the shared directory for the License Server!).
- Double-click on the downloaded BPM / RDM installer and follow the instructions:
- Install SILVERRUN BPM / RDM into their respective shared folder of the application server.
- Select 'Typical' for the installation using a virtual license. [This step does not apply to version 2.8.8 and higher.]
- When the installation is complete, create a file using a text editor such as Notepad:
- Type the whole UNC path to the shared directory on the license server including the license file name
(as it appears in the field License File of the License Viewer).
- Use the share name of the shared folder (not its physical name).
- Save the file under the name 'ln_path' in the root directory of the BPM / RDM application.
(Please save the file under the name 'ln_path' in a work directory and then use
"Copy / Paste" to transfer it into the root directory of the application.)
- Make sure that your editor does not add any suffix (like '.txt') to the file name.
Creating a Shortcut from a Client Workstation to the SILVERRUN BPM / RDM 2.8.x or 2.9.x Application Server
- On each client workstation, delete any potentially preexisting shortcuts to a BPM / RDM application server.
- On each client workstation, create a shortcut containing the path to 'bpm.exe' resp.
located on your current BPM / RDM application server.
- Copy the files 'regdll.bat' and 'lp251.dll'
from the root directory of the BPM / RDM installation
to any folder of your choice on each client workstation.
- Execute the command file 'regdll.bat' on each client workstation as an Administrator.